THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, February 25, 2008

I swear, No more ER visits!!!!


I couldn't take a picture of her in the hospital bed, too sad!! Its hard to see the slice in her lip after the stitches but trust me it is not pretty!

It was too hard to take photos when it first happened so these are a few days later. And the swelling in both her cheek and lip has gone down significantly!
We got her a piggy bank painting kit to make her feel better when we were at border's, she is definitely a tough kid!!

Thaya fell at Border's books and hit her face on a plastic shelf!! We thought she was okay until the blood came out. She cut her cheek and split her lip on the outside and on the inside. She started to cheer up when the cafe inside gave her a cookie and ice cream. When we got home, an hour later, she was still bleeding. I didn't feel right not having a doctor look at it, so off we went to the ER. They said that since she split her lip on the lip line that she should get stitches to limit a scar. When they informed me that she had to be put to sleep to get it done I almost grabbed her and ran. Derrick asked the doctor what he would do if it was his kid, he said he would have it stitched. After many assurances that Thaya would be fine, they put her to sleep with a shot in her leg. They sewed her up and it took her an hour to wake up. It was very hard for Derrick and i to watch her that way but we know that it will be better than hoping it would heal well without stitches. I don't ever want that to happen again. I hated seeing my daughter lying there not moving. Needless to say Thaya is no longer allowed to move and if she does move, she must move slowly!!! Donna informed me (after watching her jump on and off the couch last night at the weekly Kelly family dinner) that this would not be the last of Thaya's visits to the ER! I wish that I could put my kid in a bubble!

6 comments:

Donna said...

I must say that out of all the many kiddie mishaps with all my kids - broken arms, burns, etc, - stiches are THE WORST!!!

One time Jake had to have them and Jim and I had to HOLD HIM DOWN while he was screaming and thrashing around so the doctors could stich him up. I almost passed out. Horrible, horrible to watch your kid suffer and wish you could be on the table in their place!

You and Derrick are in for lots of fun times!!!!

WAIT TILL YOU HAVE A BOY!!!!!!!

Flint and Jan said...

No parent of the year award for you!!!!
Just kidding. When are you going to Colorado for teh reunion? We are going up a week early with Isaac and Jenny.

jph3 said...

Eeek. Hang in there. I agree with Donna, the worst feeling in the world is watching your child suffer and not being able to do much about it.

On the bright side, sounds like you will be set for life with the law suit you can hit Borders with. ;-)

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh - how sad!! Adrianna has a problem with standing in carts at the store and a couple days ago when she was doing it, she leaned and made the cart fall over and she hurt her knees (this is not the first time she's done it!). To bad kids don't know how to be careful. :(

grandmadorothy said...

Poor little Thaya! Give her a kiss from me. Watching your child hurt is the worst.
Remember when Cliff had to get stitches and I almost fainted in the doctor's office?
I was stronger when you delivered Thaya but again I almost fainted but that was because I was holding my breath when you held your breath and pushed! I sure didn't see that coming because I was concentrating on you.

Tommy n DeAnn said...

We miss you guys. Too bad Thaya can't show the boys are to get a trip back to the hospital!!!! Sounds like you guys are having tons of fun...maybe we should try being poor college students too!!! Take care!